These light treats couldn’t be more perfect for Valentines Day or to show your love. Make this easy Chocolate Dipped Heart Meringues Recipe
Love is in the air. A little sweet treat helps show your love and makes a delicious dessert. These simple Chocolate Dipped Heart Shaped Meringues are a show stopper. They look so fancy and are so delicate they are sure to impress your Valentine!
My love for meringue goes way back. I used to just eat the meringue topping off of Lemon Meringue Pie when I was little. Now as an adult, I appreciate it for other reasons. It is grain free which makes it perfect for so many that struggle with allergies and food restrictions today. Did I mention that it is delicious?
Looking for another healthy Valentine’s Treat? Try these fun Valentine Fruit Wands. A fun way to celebrate valentines day!
These Chocolate Dipped Heart Meringues are so fancy and delicate you can put one on top of a bowl of ice cream and instantly have it transformed to a 5 start dessert.
These in a gift box with a little bow would be a show stopper! They are just so pretty!
Heart Meringue Tip
Humidity in the air will affect these Heart Meringues. Make sure as soon as they are set, you put them in an airtight container and only get them out immediately before serving. Otherwise, they may become soft and loose their crispness.
Chocolate Dipped Heart Meringues
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper sprayed lightly with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on medium-high speed for 1 minute until frothy.
- With mixer still going, add in sugar very slowly, followed by the cream of tartar and vanilla until combined. Turn mixer off and scrape sides of the bowl to combine. Continue beating for 2-3 minutes on high speed until meringue is glossy, stiff peaks form, and mixture is smooth and not grainy. If sugar isn’t completely dissolved continue mixing in 30 second increments until it’s smooth between your fingers.
- Fit a piping bag with a large star tip and fill piping bag with meringue. Pipe your meringue into 2-3 inch hearts.
- Bake the piped meringues for 60 minutes. Turn the oven off, without opening the door. Allow the meringues to sit in the warm oven for another 1 hour.
- Remove meringues from oven. Carefully remove meringues from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool melt your chocolate with the coconut oil according to the package directions. The coconut oil gives it a smoother consistency. Dip half of your heart meringue into the melted chocolate letting the excess drip off. While the chocolate is wet, sprinkle with some sprinkles. As soon as the chocolate is set, serve or store in an airtight container.