A simple and fun Valentine Wreath Kids Craft. This Piece of my Heart Wreath is an adorable way to upcycle an old puzzle!
I love making fun crafts with the kids or setting them up to make their favorite kids craft themselves. We are getting ready for Valentine’s Day, and this Piece of My Heart Valentine Wreath Kids Craft was a perfect way to spend a rainy day!
Valentine Wreath Kids Craft
What you need
- 100 piece puzzle
- Light pink, pink, and red craft paint
- Foam paint brushes
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Red and white twine
How to make
1. Lay out an old newspaper before you get started.
2. Paint the back of about 40 puzzle pieces a mix of light pink, pink, and red and let dry.
3. Arrange about 15 painted puzzle pieces in the shape of a heart, gluing the ends of the puzzle pieces together
4. Then start gluing the second layer of your pieces on top of your heart to hold the pieces together
5. Keep layering and gluing your puzzle pieces on until your heart outline looks full (you might not need all your pieces but better to have too many then have to paint more, I used 30)
6. Cut a 12″ piece of twine and tie onto your heart to hang up for Valentine‘s Day!
I love this craft because it is an excellent way to do something useful with an old puzzle or one that is missing pieces. If you don’t have an old puzzle, you can hit the thrift store or dollar store to snag one for one dollar or less.
My kids always love painting. I don’t know many kids that don’t! This kids craft is a great way to let them practice their art skills, and they won’t be messing anything up.
When they have finished you have this adorable Piece of My Heart Valentine Wreath to hang on the door or wall to decorate the house. Don’t forget to mark the back with your child’s name and year made so you can always remember when they made this!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.