Cookies for breakfast are a thing, and should be everyday with this yummy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies recipe! These can also be made gluten free, dairy free, and egg free!
Ever since I first made Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies, breakfast cookies have been a thing in my house. It's always a special occasion when the kids have cookies for breakfast. I thought it was time to invent a new breakfast cookie to add to our rotation. Hello, Strawberry Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies!
I felt a little bit like an evil scientist coming up with this one. I little bit of this and a little bit of that. Let's all just take a moment to savor the loveliness of strawberries and chocolate together. They really should be together all of the time! I used fresh strawberries which I would recommend. Frozen strawberries have a tendency to be mushier and may change the consistency of the dough.
There was an instant success after a quick go in the oven. My kids were hovering like vultures. I had to negotiate with the first pan of cookies so that I could take pictures. They were distracting me with all of their "Mmm", and "Can I have another?". I may have snuck a cookie too just to make sure they passed inspection.
Now the bonus that comes with these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies is you can make them gluten free, dairy free, and egg free. I will include variations for all, but these cookies turn out fantastic anyway you choose to make them. Trust me... I may have had to test-taste them all. I made them gluten free and dairy free for my crew and they are gone. They decided that they should be breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and one more after dinner cookies.
I made them gluten free and dairy free for my crew and they are gone. These are really chewy for being a gluten free cookie. Gluten free cookies have a bad wrap for being a little drier than a normal cookie. You can, of course, make the Strawberry Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies with regular flour too and they are still oh so good!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In your mixer beat together butter and sugars.
- Once creamed add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Finally, add in oats just until mixed.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in strawberries and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12 - 15 mins or just until golden brown. Allow them to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing.Gluten Free
- Replace the flour with a gluten free flour mix and use gluten free oats.Dairy Free
- Use a dairy free margarine.Egg Free
- Replace egg with a flax egg. (1 tablespoon flax seed meal + 3 tablespoon water) allow the mix to sit 5 mins until it forms a gel and add it to the recipe just like the egg.