Simple Low-Carb Portobello Pizza
A super Keto or Low-Carb Pizza option! This yummy Portobello Pizza is simple to make and full of all the delectable pizza flavors!
Pizza is one of my favorite foods! I seriously love it, but as I get older pizza loves me less and less. The carbs leave me feeling bloated and heavy. Plus, I am pretty sure I gain 10 lbs just looking at it. Luckily there are plenty of pizza options nowadays that are low carb, no-carb, etc. Yummy things like this Simple Low-Carb Portobello Pizza means I can still love pizza.
This has very simple ingredients, and you can change up the toppings to your favorites! I made this one with just pepperoni on top, but peppers, sausage and more make this super flavorful. I love making mine right in the toaster oven. Saves me from heating up the oven.
Use the portobello mushroom as your pizza crust. Just brush it with some olive oil and top with sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings like you normally would. Pop this in the oven or under the broiler for a couple minutes. You are left with one delicious low carb pizza treat!
This is perfect if you are trying to eat Keto or Low-Carb. I have even made these with Vegan/Dairy Free Cheese for my daughters and they love it!
Portobello PizzaPrint Recipe
- 6 mini Portobello mushrooms or 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce or a little less
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings mini pepperoni, olives, onions, peppers, etc
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms and scoop out the insides and stem with a spoon.
- Place on baking pan, and Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil. Bake for about for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F
- Remove mushrooms from oven, and turn the broiler to High.
- Turn the mushrooms into pizzas. Top them with sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings.
- Return pan to oven and broil on High for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Remove and serve immediately
More Keto Friendly Recipes
You are in the right place if you are looking for more low carb and keto-friendly recipes!
This sound fantastic……looking forward to making it…..thanks so much.