It isn’t officially the holiday season until my house smells like ginger and molasses, or pumpkin pie. Mmm….pumpkin! My house smells like a little piece of heaven right now. I just made the perfect cookie for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and beyond. Introducing the Pumpkin Gingersnap! I married two of my favorite flavors to make one simply amazing cookie!
The cookie dough is straightforward to make. It took me 5 minutes tops. Then, it has to go in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour to chill. You can make this up to 3 days ahead of time and store it covered in the fridge. Or you could even freeze the dough for later in the holiday season.
Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. The make the dough into walnut sized balls and roll them in some granulated sugar. Place them a couple of inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
At this point, your house smells so amazing, and you notice the neighbors gathering outside ready to take you down for some cookies. LOL Seriously! The best smell ever! Allow your cookies to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
- In your mixer beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, molasses, egg, and vanilla extract, mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour. You can refrigerate for up to 3 days prior to baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet parchment paper and place sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll walnut sized balls of dough in sugar until well coated and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until cookies look cracked and set at the edges.
- Don't panic, the cookies will still be soft. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a 2-3 minutes after removing them from the oven, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store finished cookies in an airtight container.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.