I am addicted to Pumpkin this time of year. I could probably eat an entire pumpkin pie on my own, although I am not going to try. I have passed my love of pumpkin onto the sweetest, cutest, most handsome little guy I know. My son loves pumpkin, but he is gluten free. So we have channeled his love of pumpkin into many things: pumpkin pudding, GF Pumpkin Cookies, GF Pumpkin Muffins, and more. You name it and I have probably tried it.
Today I wanted to surprise my little buddies with a new special treat when they came home. Monday's can be rough. We needed a little extra smile. So I made a batch of these Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats. They are just as amazing as I imagined. Maybe better. They are very easy to make and the perfect fall snack, or even addition to the kids table at Thanksgiving.
Give these yummy treats a whirl.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- Choose your desired size baking pan, I used a square 8x8x2, and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in pumpkin puree and cook until warmed through.
- Fold in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, and spices
- Let marshmallow mixture cool at room temperature for 20 minutes (cooling helps avoid soggy treats). Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, spread out evenly and gently press down with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate to set for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares
- Store in an airtight container up to one week.
- Use gluten free rice krispies and gf vanilla extract
- Use dairy free margarine or even coconut oil in place of butter.