Florida Strawberry season is here, and I love all of the strawberries! They are one of my favorite foods, and it shows in my kitchen right now. I am always looking for new ways to celebrate my love of all things Strawberry. I found this Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Recipe, and I knew I had to try it!
First things first, dice the strawberries and squeeze some lemon juice over them. Let them sit while you make the rest of the cookie dough. Aren’t they pretty?
Make the cookie dough in your mixer and carefully fold in the strawberries by hand. This dough is dense and buttery. YUM.
Drop the cookies by rounded tablespoon fulls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkled with some thick crystal sugar. Of course, a cookie scoop is the easiest way to do this. If you don’t own one…you should! They are the best!
Bake for about 13 minutes. Aren’t they beautiful? The lemon juice over the strawberries helps them keep their bright red color!
These would be amazing in a gift basket for Valentines. Or just because! Enjoy these yummy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies!
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon flour
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line pans with parchment paper.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over chopped strawberries, drain them after a few minutes.
- Mix 1¼ cup all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar and cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until it’s well combined. Stir in the white chocolate.
- Coat the strawberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour, gently mixing until all the strawberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then stir them gently fold them into the batter.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop a heaping tablespoon of batter onto pan leaving an inch space between.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar if desired.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes( until the edges become golden brown).
- Let them cool a few minutes in the pan then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Substitute a gluten-free flour mix.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.