It really feels like Christmas at my house. We got 6 plus inches of snow yesterday. Since we are from Florida it is definitely a sight to be seen and the kids are excited for a white Christmas. Here is a peek into our backyard.
So we are staying in, keeping warm, and enjoying each others company. The kids and I got out the card games and played a few mean hands of Old Maid earlier. 🙂 I just really feel like this week is for family. With all the shopping done, presents wrapped, etc. It is time to be grateful for the ones that I love, and truly enjoy their company.
Speaking of ones that I love, there is this big guy who loves coconut cake. He is pretty handsome, if you ask me. Although, I have been nagging him to do something with that beard. 😉 Every time I get the mixer out he says, "Are you making a coconut cake?" This year I let each family member pick their favorite type of Christmas cookie for me to make. Of course, my hubby said, "Coconut Cake". Well, since I was making cookies I decided to make him these Coconut cookies which are the next best thing and , if I do say so myself, they turned out AWESOME!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Canned White Frosting (Or Homemade Buttercream)
- extra coconut to sprinkle on the tops
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- In a mixer beat together the cake mix, egg, Vegetable oil, milk, and coconut until dough forms.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on a parchment lined baked sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Ice each cookie with frosting and sprinkle more shredded coconut on top.
- Store in an airtight container.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.