Making yellow rice, or just a delicious dish that calls for Sazon Seasoning? Try this Homemade Sazon Seasoning Mix Recipe that has NO MSG.
There is nothing better than a plate of Chicken and Yellow Rice for dinner! One main ingredient is Sazon Seasoning, but the ingredient list on the package contains MSG which so many are trying to avoid. That is why I love this Homemade Sazon Seasoning Mix recipe. It is incredibly easy and affordable to make your own…MSG free!
You will need the spices listed to put this simple Homemade Sazon Seasoning Mix together. I found some really cute little jars at IKEA that I use for my homemade spices, but you can use mason jars too. Just label it so you know what kind of treasure you put inside. Check out the free printable labels below.
This makes the best seasoning for rice and chicken. I great way to spice up dinner tonight!
If you love making your own spice blends you need to try The Best Rib Dry Rub Recipe ever! This stuff is great on more than just ribs!
1 and 1/2 tsp of this homemade Sazon seasoning is equal to 1 packet of the store-bought mix. Now you can spice up all kinds of dishes whenever you want. No special trip to the store required!
Sazon Seasoning Printable Labels
Homemade Sazon Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin.
- 1 tablespoon ground tumeric or annatto seeds (achiote )
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- 1 tablespoon oregano.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container until you are ready to use it. 1 1/2 tsp of this mix equals one packet of the store bought Sazon seasoning.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.