This is one of my favorite recipes for chocolate chip cookies. They turn out perfect every time! Plus there are gluten-free and dairy-free instructions too!
In my free time, I love to bake. I love to see the smiles on my kid’s faces when a fresh pan of cookies comes out of the oven. Oh, and my house at Christmas time, let’s just say you need to put on pants with an elastic waistband.
My daughter was diagnosed with a severe allergy to milk when she was small. So, it has slowed my baking down a little. It took us awhile to convert my old recipes into new ones. I was a big butter baker. I have since had to change. Now, I have found that if I use butter flavored Crisco, I get pretty good results. I get alright results with margarine, but the best with good old butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream Butter and Sugars together in Mixer.
- Scrape down sides, add Eggs and Vanilla, mix well.
- Scrape down sides again, add Baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Mix until incorporated. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Mix in Bag of Chocolate Chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Always make a test cookie!
- Makes at least 4 Dozen depending on the size of the cookie.
- Use your favorite gluten free baking mix in place of the flour
- Use a dairy free chocolate chip and dairy free margarine.
*Here is a great tip, put some of the Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Gallon Ziploc bag. They freeze great! Perfect for with ice cream, or to even make your ice cream sandwiches.
* Want a lower calorie ice cream sandwich. Put Cool Whip Between 2 cookies! YUM!
Love these Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Try these Drop Sugar Cookies!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.