Just when you thought your Instant Pot couldn't be any cooler, this Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe comes around; and it is amazing!
When you have some browning bananas on the counter it's time to make some banana bread. While there are a ton of things you can do with overripe bananas, banana bread is by far my favorite. Of course, just when you thought that your instant pot couldn't be any more amazing, it can bake too! This Instant Pot Banana Bread turns out moist and delicious! Plus, there is no heating the kitchen with the oven!
What you Need
Obviously you will need an Instant Pot for this specific recipe. I know that there are many brands, sizes, and types of Instant Pot these days. Honestly, I think they are all pretty similar. I personally have this 6 Quart Instant Pot and it works great for my family of 5.
The Springform pan you choose will need to fit in your Instant Pot. They actually make springform pans specifically for instant pots. You can find them easily on amazon.
How to make Instant Pot Banana Bread
In a bowl you are going to add your measured dry ingredients (except the sugar). Stir and set aside.
In your mixer beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs and bananas.
Now mix in the flour mixture. Don't over-beat. You just want your batter to come together. Stir in nuts (if desired).
Place batter in greased springform pan and spread evenly. top with additional nuts if desired.
Cover the pan with foil. This is to prevent the liquid in the instant pot from causing a soggy bread.
Place your pan on the instant pot trivet. Add the water to your instant pot and carefully lower the trivet with the bread down inside.
Set your Instant Pot for 50 minutes on manual. When the cook cycle is complete, perform a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid and carefully use a towel to remove the liquid from the top of the aluminum foil.
Lift the trivet to remove the banana bread. Pull off the aluminum foil and allow your bread to cool before slicing and serving.
To make this Gluten Free Instant Pot Banana Bread all you have to do is substitute your favorite gluten free flour in place of the regular flour. I use King Arthur gluten free flour and get great results.
As always check all of your ingredients to ensure they are gluten free. Gluten can hide in baking soda and vanilla.
This recipe is so simple to make dairy free. Just switch out the butter for your favorite dairy free margarine. Other than that, you are good to go.
Room Temp : You are going to want to store your banana bread in an airtight container. Keep it at room temperature for up to 3 days
Fridge: In container for up to 5 days.
Freezer: You can also freeze your banana bread for up to 2 months. Just wrap it well or place it in a freezer zip top bag.
Instant Pot Banana Bread
- Prepare a 7.5 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. (Any cake pan that will fit into the electric pressure cooker will work but cooking time might vary slightly depending on the thickness of the batter.)
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Stir together the bananas, eggs, and until well blended. Add to the butter and sugars. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat together just until combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be somewhat thick.
- Stir in nuts, sprinkling some on top.
- Transfer the batter to the springform pan and smooth evenly.
- Cover the springform pan with aluminum foil and place on a trivet with handles (or create a sling using aluminum foil.)
- Pour water into the liner of the electric pressure cooker. Carefully lower the trivet into the liner.
- Program the electric pressure cooker for 50 minutes on manual or “pressure cook.” When the cook cycle is complete, perform a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid and carefully use a towel to remove the liquid from the top of the aluminum foil.
- Lift the trivet from the pressure cooker and remove the aluminum foil from the springform pan. Allow the bread to rest until any water that has accumulated on the top of the bread has absorbed or dried.
- To serve, release the springform pan sides and cut the bread into wedges.
- Use your favorite gluten free flour and check your other ingredients to ensure they are gluten free (vanilla, baking soda, etc.)
- Substitute your favorite dairy free margarine in place of the butter.
More Instant Pot
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.