Easy Mac and Cheese Cups Recipe
I love feeding my kids non-processed foods if it all possible. It makes me feel better inside to know that I am not pumping them full of junk. BUT I am a REAL MOM! I sometimes buy the store bought easy mac and cheese cups because my 5 year old loves super cheesy macaroni from the bottom of her bitty heart. I buy easy mac & cheese cups because some days I just don't have the energy to stand over the stove and make a full blown casserole dish of mac & cheese from my recipe box. I buy easy mac and cheese cups because....well....they are easy! Don't get me wrong, I have been springing for the organic gluten free mac & cheese cups but those things will break the bank in a New York Minute. What if there was a better way? A fast way to have healthy mac & cheese in minutes.
~Que the angels singing and the light shinning down~
Folks....I give you Short Cut Easy Mac & Cheese Cups! Yes, from ingredients in your own kitchen. The 5 year old gave it 2 thumbs up and in her best Despicable Me voice said " IT'S SO CHEESY!" In just a few minutes and with minimal effort on your part you can have a cupful of warm cheesy macaroni that is SUPER CHEESY and SUPER YUMMY! Sorry Awesome Froot Loops mug not included.
You are going to put ⅓ cup of macaroni, ¼ tsp salt, and ½ cup water in a LARGE Mug. Pop it in the microwave and let it go for about 5 minutes give or take depending on your microwave. It is a good idea to stop, stir and check the consistency of you macaroni at about 3 minutes. It will boil over! Just a warning. You may want to put another bowl or plate under your mug because the water will boil over the top. This is OK...It is expected.
Once you macaroni is done there should still be some liquid in the bottom of your mug (this is good!). Now dump in the cheese and stir. You can add a tablespoon of milk if you want it extra creamy too. Stir until the cheese is all melty and covering the macaroni and serve. That is it! 5 Minutes in the microwave! Can you believe it! Where has this been my whole life! I made a bowl for my Super Cheesy Macaroni lover and one for me! YUM!
ShortCut Easy Mac and Cheese Cups Recipe
- ⅓ cup macaroni you can use gluten free
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup shredded cheese I used cheddar, monterey jack works well too
- 1 tbsp milk if desired for extra creaminess
- In a large microwave safe mug place macaroni, salt, and water. Place a larger plate or bowl underneath your mug because it will boil over.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Checking the macaroni at 3 minutes for doneness and to stir. Depending on your microwave you may have to cook a minute or 2 longer or shorter.
- When you macaroni is cooked there should be 1 -2 tablespoons of liquid in the bottom of you mug, this is good! Stir in your cheese and milk if you desire.