Looking for a biscotti that is full of flavor and the perfect companion for a cup of coffee? This Orange Cranberry Biscotti Recipe is PERFECT!
It isn’t morning without a cup of coffee, and when there is a little chill in the air and the house it quiet I love to grab a biscotti too! Sure you could buy a package of your favorite biscotti at the store, but they just are not the same as a delicious homemade biscotti! These Orange Cranberry Biscotti are one of my favorites, and I know you will love them too!
How to Make Orange Cranberry Biscotti
Biscotti are actually pretty easy to make. The dough starts out as a traditional cookie dough. Cream together the butter and sugar, and mix in the other ingredients. These biscotti are given their delicious orange cranberry flavor by a couple special additions; orange zest, orange extract, and of course dried cranberries.
Once the dough is ready, divide it in two and shape each half into loaves. You are looking for a loaf about 2 – 3 inches wide and about 1 – 1 1/2 inches tall. Place both loaves on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Once the loaves have cooled a bit get out a knife and start cutting them on the diagonal about 3/4 of an inch thick.
Lay them flat right on the baking sheet. Keep going until they are all cut. Then pop them back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so until they have crisped up.
Allow them to cool and store them in an airtight container until you are ready to enjoy!
Biscotti Making Tips
- Slice your biscotti about 5 minutes after they come out of the oven. If you wait too long they may be a little tough to slice.
- For an even and crisp biscotti, during the second bake give them a flip about halfway through (roughly 7 minutes in). This will ensure it is crisp the whole way through.
- Parchment paper or a Silpat sheet is a must. It makes it so much easier to clean up and prevents sticking.
When it comes to storing your biscotti, as long as you are using an airtight container, you can’t go wrong. I store mine in a glass jar with a lid. I have even stored them in a Ziploc bag in the pantry before.
Thinking it is going to take you a while to eat all of those biscotti? Put them in a freezer bag and keep them in the freezer. This will guarantee that they will be fresh and delicious when you are ready to enjoy them.
Giving Biscotti as a gift
Talk about an amazing gift. I would love to receive some homemade biscotti as a gift. Kick it up an extra notch and give a friend or family a bag of their favorite coffee, some biscotti, and maybe a cute mug. Get creative and add some great coffee related items for a fun semi-homemade gift!
Cranberry Orange Biscotti
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, oil, orange peel, orange extract, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. On an ungreased cookie sheet, shape half of dough at a time into a 10x3-inch rectangle about 1 to 1.5 inches tall
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Cut rectangle crosswise into 3/4 inch slices. Turn slices cut sides down on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes longer, turning once, until crisp and light brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack.
More Biscotti Recipes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.