This Simple Spicy Key Lime Shrimp Recipe is a sponsored post for Sutter Home Wine for their #SweetOnSpice Campaign. All opinions & recipe are 100% my own.
Beaches, long Summers, short Winters, citrus, seafood, and southern hospitality are a few things that come to mind when I think of home. Florida is indeed my home state, and I love everything about it. When Sutter Home asked me to share a spicy dish from my region that would pair nicely with a sweet, chilled wine like Sutter Home's White Zinfandel, I knew that this Spicy Key Lime Shrimp would be on the menu.
While there is so much fantastic food to come out of Florida some of our signature dishes include the best Gulf and Atlantic seafood, and of course, citrus. Key limes are a Florida specialty and a bit sweeter than a traditional lime. Mix them both, and you have something spectacular that is perfect for a sunny Spring or Summer day with a cold glass of Sutter Home White Zinfandel Wine.
Sutter Home White Zinfandel Wine is the ideal pairing for this dish. This American original is refreshingly sweet and delivers the essence of strawberry and melon flavors. I love that because strawberries and melons are also Florida favorites. The sweetness is perfect to offset this spicy-hot shrimp for the perfect balance of Sweet on Spice. It also helps to bring out the natural sweetness of the shrimp itself. The notes and flavors play off of each other brilliantly.
This Spicy Key Lime Shrimp is such a simple recipe. The key is just using real, quality ingredients. Mix the spices, key lime juice, and olive oil to create a marinade. Toss your marinade with the peeled shrimp and let them sit for a few minutes while your skillet heats and you pour yourself a glass of Sutter Home White Zinfandel Wine. Sautee your shrimp in the hot skillet for 2 - 3 minutes per side or until your shrimp are pink and have a tight curl. Serve immediately. These are perfect on their own but even better with a side salad or tossed with some pasta.
This dish is colorful, flavorful, spicy, light, and simply perfection.
The spice level on this dish can be kicked up or toned down with how much you choose to add to your marinade. Just pour yourself a glass of Sutter Home White Zinfandel, and one for your guests, kick back and enjoy!
Spicy Key Lime Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sutter Home White Zinfandel (for servingDipping Sauce (optional))
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro diced
- dash of salt to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, spices, and key lime juice to form a marinade.
- Toss shrimp in the marinade to coat and allow them to sit for at least 10 minutes.Skillet
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat. Sautee your shrimp for 2 - 3 minutes on each side until they are pink and no longer opaque. Grill
- You may also choose to grill these on medium heat. Place shrimp on skewers and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until no longer pink.Serve
- Serve these warm with a nice side salad or pasta and a glass of Sutter Homes White Zinfandel Wine. Cut the spice with a delicious Cilantro sour cream dipping sauce. Just whisk the ingredients (listed above) together and serve alongside the shrimp.
- This dish is naturally gluten free. Check your spice labels.
- This dish is naturally dairy free. Just eliminate the sour cream sauce or use a dairy-free alternative.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.