A deliciously refreshing Christmas Cookie recipe. Really these could be made all year long! Try these delicious Orange Cookies this holiday season!
It is that time of year. The time of year when you deck the halls with ribbons, evergreens, and tinsel. The time of year when the kids squeal when they see Santa at the mall and circle every toy in the catalog with a big red marker. It is the time of year when my kitchen reeks of the smell of baked goods rising in the oven.
I love to bake cookies. Dozens and dozens of cookies. Don’t worry I don’t eat them all myself, but I love to give them as gifts! This is one of our family favorites that make a ton of cookies, but everyone is absolutely delicious! You can see more delicious Cookie Recipes right here!
I have recently switched it up and made them gluten free and dairy free with excellent results. There are substitutions in the recipe below.
I do recommend making these with a cookie scoop. I t will make the best uniform cookies and it will help them bake evenly.
- 1 Cup Butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 oranges (grated and juiced)
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- juice and rind of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate orange rinds to get zest. You will want the zest of all 3 oranges. After you have grated cut open and juice the oranges.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs, juice and grated rind of oranges. Mix thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk and vinegar or use buttermilk.
- Alternate adding milk and dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minute or until light brown. Ice cookies while warmIcing
- Whisk together to make icing for orange cookies. Drizzle over cookies, or dip cookies into icing while still warm.
- Substitute a gluten free flour mix. You can also half the recipe if you would like.
- Use dairy free milk and margarine of your choice.
More Cookie Recipes
- The Best Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies Recipe
- Flourless Fudge Chunk Cookies Recipe
- Grandma's Waffle Cookies Recipe
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.