Have fun with Dr Seuss' The Lorax and make this easy and delicious Truffula Tree Pretzel Snacks Recipe! So colorful and fun!
Celebrate Dr Seuss' birthday or Earth Day in style with these delicious and amazing Truffula Tree Pretzel Rod Snacks! This colorful snacks will have everyone oohing and ahhhing over their fun colors. Plus, these candy coated pretzel rods with marshmallow tops are delicious too!
What is a Truffula Tree
A truffula tree is a tree that is from the Dr Seuss book the Lorax. These colorful trees are being chopped down and the once ler is trying to save them.
How to Make Truffula Tree Pretzel Snacks
Treats like this make me excited. Just look at all of those colors! You are going to need several colors of sprinkles and candy melts for this truffula trees. You can get as creative as you choose. For the bark you will need yellow and black. The other colors are up to you.
The first step is melting your yellow candy melts according to the package and dipping your pretzel rods. Place them on a parchment or wax lined sheet to allow them to set.
Add a Jumbo marshmallow to the end of the pretzel rod when it is set. Melt your other candy melts as desired. This one is purple. Dunk the marshmallow into the colored candy melts.
While the candy melts are still wet, add the sprinkles to your truffula tree tops.
Last but not least, melt your black or chocolate candies and place them in a piping bag. Cut a very small tip and drizzle the chocolate onto the tree trunks.
Allow them to set up completely before handling them. You can pop them in the freezer for a couple minutes to speed them up.
Display them in fun jars, or flower pots for a cute party treat, or enjoy them while reading/watching the Lorax.
How to Store Them
These should be stored in an air tight container at room temperature. If you put them in the fridge the pretzel may soften. These are best eaten soon after they are made. Who wouldn't want to enjoy this yummy treat quickly?!
Truffula Tree Pretzel Rod Snacks
- Pretzel rods
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Candy melts (Yellow, blue, bright green, purple, bright pink, orange, black)
- Sprinkles (jimmies) (blue, bright green, purple, bright pink, orange)
- Melt the yellow candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. Allow pretzel to rest on waxed paper until set.
- Press one jumbo marshmallow on to the end of each pretzel rod.
- Melt the blue, bright green, purple, bright pink, orange candy melts in separate containers. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour one color of melted candy over each marshmallow. Tap to remove excess and smooth the candy coating. Immediately dip all sides of the coated marshmallow in coordinating jimmies. Place on wax paper to set.
- Melt the black candy melts, or chocolate. Then, transfer candy melts to a zip-top freezer bag or disposable piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle candy coating over the pretzel rods.
- Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving.
More Dr Seuss Fun
- Lorax Paper Bag Puppet Craft with Printable Template
- Dr Seuss Lorax Tangerine Snack
- Dr Seuss Printable Bookmarks with Quotes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.