One of my favorite parts of Christmas is cookies! 🙂 I love baking them and giving them away. I love baking them for the kids. I love teaching the kids how to bake and licking the beaters. I love the smell that the cookies exude while baking in the oven. I really don’t think there is a single thing about cookies that I don’t like. I mean…they even come in single servings.
The kids and I are trying to expand our horizons this year by testing out some new cookie recipes. We have our favorites that we bake every year, and we really wanted to add to our list and try some new flavors. This was one recipe I hadn’t made in a long time and the kids loved them. They are Snowball Cookies. You roll them in powdered sugar after them bake and they look like little snowballs. These are like a shortbread cookie and they just melt in your mouth. Perfect for with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa.
Beat butter and sugar together until it is light and creamy. MMMM….butter! 🙂
Mix in the other ingredients until the dough forms. It should look like this.
Roll into balls and place on the cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 350. Until the are golden brown and yummy. I use a cookie scoop to make all of the cookies uniform. I love it and think it is one of the best kitchen tools ever invented. SERIOUSLY!
Roll those bad boys in the powdered sugar once …or twice, and let them finish cooling. You will have some melt in your mouth treats that everyone will love!
Snowball CookiesPrint Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Extra Powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the mixer beat together the butter and the powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add in the vanilla, nuts and flour until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool to the touch.
- Roll the cookies in the extra powdered sugar and place on the cooling racks.
- Serve. Store in air tight container.