Simple. Simple makes me happy. There are enough complicated things in life, like bills, homework, housework, and so much more. The last thing I want to be complicated is my food. I love to find snacks that have simple ingredients and are simple to prepare. During the Fall months this is my favorite simple snack! Simple Apple Chips.
Apples are everywhere this time of year and typically $1 or less per pound. I just sliced them very thin using my food processor or a mandoline. The thinner you slice them the faster they will crisp. Also, you can choose to core them before you slice if you would like. I like the star patterns in the center. 😉 Sprinkle them with a little bit of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar.
Then just bake them at 225 degrees F for about 3 hours. That is it. Not only will you have a healthy, delicious, simple snack, but your house will smell fantabulous too!
- 2-3 Apples
- Cinnamon or Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees F
- Slice apples very thin and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle them with cinnamon or cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Bake for 3 hours at 225 degrees F or until crispy.
- Enjoy or store in an airtight container
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.