Oh I love the warm weather. There is something about this warm time of year that just makes me happy! I love to spend my days outside working in the yard, playing with the kids, and grilling outdoors. The last thing I want to do is spend my day cooped up in the kitchen.
This great side dish takes very little time to prepare and uses up all of those great garden/farmers market veggies! Did I mention it is fresh, tasty, and goes with everything!? Add this great Summer Corn Salad to your next BBQ meal!
Summer Corn Salad
- 4 fresh corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon corn juice retained from boiling the corn
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Add fresh corn to a large pot of water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Cook corn on the cob for about 15 minutes, or until they are tender.
- When they are cooked, drain all the water but 2 tablespoons, saving for later use. Slice the corn from the cob when cool enough to handle. Add corn to a serving bowl. Discard the cobs.
- In a small bowl, mix extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, corn juice from cooking the corn, salt, and black pepper.
- In the serving bowl with corn combine corn kernels, add bell pepper, onions, and basil. Add vinegar dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
- Gluten Free: This is naturally gluten free and dairy free
- Substitute: Make this your own by switching out the veggies, or adding your own seasonings to the dressing.
- Grill: You can wrap the corn in aluminum foil and cook it right on the grill to stay out of the kitchen!