Oh I love the warm weather. There is something about this warm time of year that just makes me happy! I love to spend my days outside working in the yard, playing with the kids, and grilling outdoors. The last thing I want to do is spend my day cooped up in the kitchen.
This great side dish takes very little time to prepare and uses up all of those great garden/farmers market veggies! Did I mention it is fresh, tasty, and goes with everything!? Add this great Summer Corn Salad to your next BBQ meal!
- 4 fresh corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon corn juice retained from boiling the corn
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- Add fresh corn to a large pot of water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Cook corn on the cob for about 15 minutes, or until they are tender.
- When they are cooked, drain all the water but 2 tablespoons, saving for later use. Slice the corn from the cob when cool enough to handle. Add corn to a serving bowl. Discard the cobs.
- In a small bowl, mix extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, corn juice from cooking the corn, salt, and black pepper.
- In the serving bowl with corn combine corn kernels, add bell pepper, onions, and basil. Add vinegar dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Gluten Free: This is naturally gluten free and dairy free
- Substitute: Make this your own by switching out the veggies, or adding your own seasonings to the dressing.
- Grill: You can wrap the corn in aluminum foil and cook it right on the grill to stay out of the kitchen!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.