Chocolate Strawberry Trifle Dessert Recipe
Easy, refreshing, and decadent. This Chocolate Strawberry Trifle Dessert Recipe is terrific and simple to make.
Chocolate & strawberry is a flavor combo that is one of my favorites. It is simple and delicious! Just like this easy to make Chocolate Strawberry Trifle Dessert Recipe! This dessert really packs a punch with presentation, but it is simple to throw together. Make small individual servings or put it together in a large trifle bowl. Either way this dessert is delicious!
How to make Chocolate Strawberry Trifle Dessert
This Trifle dessert is so easy to make! You can make it even easier by using a premed cake.
In a dessert glass simply layer the cake, then the fruit, then chocolate pudding, finally the whipped topping.
Continue with a second set of layers. Top it all off with a chocolate covered strawberry!
I love to include directions for gluten free when I can. You can find a ton of Gluten Free substitutes and recipes here on A Few Shortcuts.
Simply use a gluten free angel food cake or other gluten free cake in this recipe.
More Trifle Dessert Ideas
Trifles are so easy to make! Mix it up! You can create your dessert out of any combo of cake, fruit, and pudding you desire! Here are some combos to try.
- Brownies, Raspberries, Cheesecake pudding
- Pound Cake, Peaches, Vanilla pudding
- Angel Food Cake, Blueberries, Lemon Pudding
What is your favorite trifle combo?
Any leftovers should be stored in the fridge for up to 48 hours. This needs to be eaten quickly due to the fresh fruit used.
Trifle Dessert – Chocolate Strawberry
- Trifle bowl
- 1 Angel Food Cake homemade or storebought
- 3.4 oz chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed or fresh whipping cream
- Chocolate Almond Bark for dipping strawberries can also use semi sweet chocolate
- Mix and bake angel food cake according to directions on box, or purchase a premade angel food cake.
- In a small bowl, whisk together instant pudding and milk until smooth
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 10 minutes
- Cut the cake into small cubes.
- Place several pieces on bottom of glass dish, the amount will depend on the size of your dish.
- Slice strawberries and lay them around the outside of the dish, with the point side facing up.
- Add 1-2 heaping teaspoons of pudding on top of pudding
- Add whipped topping to a disposable decorator bag or resealable bag. You can also spoon it on, however using the bag is easier.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces and layer fruit
- Repeat layers and top with chocolate covered strawberry **
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 2 hours before serving
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
- melt 2 squares of chocolate almond bark in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir and continue heating for 20 seconds at a time until chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Dip strawberry into chocolate and place on parchment paper to set