A unique side dish recipe that is packed with flavors! This Greek Quinoa Salad is simple and tasty. Makes a great lunch too!
Looking for a flavorful side dish, or a prep ahead healthy lunch option. This Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe is full of unique flavors, and absolutely delicious. Quinoa adds a filling protein without the gluten. All of the other ingredients added in really pack a flavor punch that kicks this dish up to a new and tasty level. I love eating this on its own, but it is also amazing as a side dish to some grilled chicken.
How to Make Greek Quinoa Salad
This dish as so easy to make! Boil 2 cups of water with a little salt, and toss in the quinoa. Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
Once fluffy mix in the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, cheese, and olives. I sometimes leave out the cheese, it’s optional. Then, mix up the simple dressing by stirring up the garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, olive oil and pepper. I just shake it up in a mason jar and toss it over the salad to combine.
This is tasty warm and fresh out of the pan, or I personally think it is better after it has had time to cool and all of the flavors have married together. SO GOOD!
Just store this in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy. You can eat it cold or warm it up. That is totally up to you and your personal preference.
If you are into meal prepping and making lunches ahead of time this dish is perfect. Just break this salad up into servings in these meal prep containers, or something similar. This Greek Quinoa Salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cucumber (seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely diced)
- 2 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup kalamata olives (quartered)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Fresh black pepper (optional)
- Heat two cups water to boiling. Add salt.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and add to boiling water. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes and then fluff with fork.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, cucumber, onion, tomatoes, cheese, and olives.
- In a bowl or mason jar, mix together garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, olive oil and pepper. Whisk (or shake) until blended. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. Serve warm or cold based on your preference.
More Greek Recipes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.