Super simple weeknight dinner recipe! Try this delicious and healthy Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe. Plus it is gluten-free!
I am always looking for new and exciting dinner ideas to add to the weekly menu plan. This Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls Dinner was perfect for a busy weeknight.
This is my favorite type of meal. On of those "everyone in the pot" kind of suppers. While you are cooking the cabbage you can put on a pot of rice for a side.
These Unstuffed Cabbage Roll make a wonderful dinner because it is naturally gluten free & dairy free. Plus, it is really a healthy meal choice with the ground turkey. You can use ground beef if you would prefer.
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/2 head of cabbage (chopped)
- 1 14-15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 - 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Brown the ground turkey along with the diced onion and garlic.
- Drain the grease.
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomato sauce, water and diced tomatoes.
- Simmer on medium heat for 30-45 minutes, covered. Add salt &
- pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of brown rice.
- *Makes approximately 4-5 servings
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.