Don’t waste your money on store-bought Gluten Free baked goods. Try this easy and delicious Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe. OMG! Amazing!
I wish you had smell-a-web because these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins smell amazing! The citrusy zest aroma is filling my kitchen right now.
I am a mom of kids with food allergies, and will freely admit to buying store bought Gluten Free Baked goods just for convenience. I will also openly admit to paying way too much for those mediocre baked products, just to avoid the hassle of baking them. Hello, $6 for 6 Muffins. ~UGH~
Today I decided that I am done! Done buying crappy store-bought baked goods because they are easier. Done being passive and finally getting off my rear and making them myself. I quit being unorganized and start baking ahead and keeping them in the freezer like I should have been doing all along.
I started scrounging around the kitchen last night. You see, it is that time of the month where I haven’t been to the store for my BIG shopping trip yet, and things are looking like an old deserted ghost town. Breakfast….hmmm….let’s see.
Milk (nope out of milk)
Cereal (one box, but not enough left for three kids)
Bananas (down to one)
Well, alright then. I did manage to have just enough stuff to make these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins. I could only imagine them nice and warm with my cup of coffee in the morning. Who am I kidding?? I may have taken a “Taste Test” muffin right out of the oven last night. LOL
These are a little more work than muffins from a box mix, but the recipe made 14 good sized muffins. The way I look at it is if I had bought these at the grocery store, they would have cost me at least $14. Money well saved. These taste so much better than that store-bought stuff anyway.
I sat out 6 muffins for breakfast, and 6 went in a Freezer bag for another morning. SCORE! The other two are lost souls that may or may not have been sacrificed last night for taste testing purposes 😉
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1/8 cups Gluten Free Flour Mix (divided)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter ( or dairy free butter substitute, softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (gluten free)
- 8 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (loosely packed)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (melted - or vegan substitute)
- 2 Tbsp. Gluten free All Purpose Flour mix
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking pan with paper liners, or grease with cooking spray.
- Prepare the crumble topping by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl and set to the side.
- In another small mixing bowl, toss blueberries with 3 Tbsp. gluten free flour until blueberries are coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (or an electric stand mixer), beat together butter (or dairy free substitute) and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and continue beating until smooth.
- Mix in Gluten Free flour mixture, baking powder, & salt until just combined.
- Finally, Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter. Sprinkle each cup of batter with about 1 Tbsp.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack. Serve immediately. Store uneaten muffins in an airtight container. Or Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Use a dairy free milk and dairy free butter substitute.
More Gluten Free Recipes
- Gluten Free Chunky Monkey Muffins Recipe
- Flourless Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins Recipe
- The Best Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.