Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Don’t waste your money on store-bought Gluten Free baked goods. Try this easy and delicious Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe. OMG! Amazing!
I wish you had smell-a-web because these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins smell amazing! The citrusy zest aroma is filling my kitchen right now.
I am a mom of kids with food allergies, and will freely admit to buying store bought Gluten Free Baked goods just for convenience. I will also openly admit to paying way too much for those mediocre baked products, just to avoid the hassle of baking them. Hello, $6 for 6 Muffins. ~UGH~
Today I decided that I am done! Done buying crappy store-bought baked goods because they are easier. Done being passive and finally getting off my rear and making them myself. I quit being unorganized and start baking ahead and keeping them in the freezer like I should have been doing all along.
I started scrounging around the kitchen last night. You see, it is that time of the month where I haven’t been to the store for my BIG shopping trip yet, and things are looking like an old deserted ghost town. Breakfast….hmmm….let’s see.
Milk (nope out of milk)
Cereal (one box, but not enough left for three kids)
Bananas (down to one)
Well, alright then. I did manage to have just enough stuff to make these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins. I could only imagine them nice and warm with my cup of coffee in the morning. Who am I kidding?? I may have taken a “Taste Test” muffin right out of the oven last night. LOL
These are a little more work than muffins from a box mix, but the recipe made 14 good sized muffins. The way I look at it is if I had bought these at the grocery store, they would have cost me at least $14. Money well saved. These taste so much better than that store-bought stuff anyway.
I sat out 6 muffins for breakfast, and 6 went in a Freezer bag for another morning. SCORE! The other two are lost souls that may or may not have been sacrificed last night for taste testing purposes 😉
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 1/8 cups Gluten Free Flour Mix divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter or dairy free butter substitute, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract gluten free
- 8 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest loosely packed
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted - or vegan substitute
- 2 Tbsp. gluten free flour mix
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking pan with paper liners, or grease with cooking spray.
- Prepare the crumble topping by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl and set to the side.
- In another small mixing bowl, toss blueberries with 3 Tbsp. gluten free flour until blueberries are coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (or an electric stand mixer), beat together butter (or dairy free substitute) and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and continue beating until smooth.
- Mix in Gluten Free flour mixture, baking powder, & salt until just combined.
- Finally, Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter. Sprinkle each cup of batter with about 1 Tbsp.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack. Serve immediately. Store uneaten muffins in an airtight container. Or Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Use a dairy free milk and dairy free butter substitute.
More Gluten Free Recipes
- Gluten Free Chunky Monkey Muffins Recipe
- Flourless Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins Recipe
- The Best Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
These look marvelous! Pinning now 🙂
this blueberry looks deliciousi love blueberry muffins
I made these this morning and they were soo good! Thanks for the recipe! I did add some chopped pecans and oats to the topping. I used my own GF mix of rice flour, sweet sorghum flour and tapioca flour along with 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. The muffins were a nice texture and the taste was spot on. Thank you again for taking the time to share. I have to add that I decided to make your muffins based on how good they looked in pictures. I kid you not I googled gluten free blueberry muffins and clicked on images and scrolled down till I saw one that looked the best.
Hi there – I just found these muffins on Pinterest. Like Katrina, I also chose them because of the picture. So many GF muffins look like blobs! I made them for my kids’ teachers, and for a church breakfast this morning. At the breakfast these went before my “normal” muffins – which I have received great compliments on in the past! I think this is my new blueberry muffin recipe!! I don’t have a gluten allergy or sensitivity, so I’m going to try using regular flour instead. I used Red Mill’s 1-to-1 GF flour and you just could not tell these were GF. Thank you 🙂
YAY!! So glad to hear that they turned out well for you! 🙂
AMAZING!!!! My husband loves them…he had no idea they were GF! These are a keeper. I have 3 girls and they ate 2 each and licked the liners!! (So did I)
Just made these !! Entirely awesome !!!
Such a great feeling making something gluten free and it’s delicious!!!
So happy !!!
Thank you !!
I just made these. They were excellent. I had to bake mine about 33 minutes.
I am going to try to make them egg free now and will report back if I get it right.
The recipe doesn’t say what the crumble topping is made with.
Hi Karen. Sorry we recently updated the software that manages are printable recipes and it jumbled it up a bit. It is there. I just edited it. 🙂
We have made these twice. Very good!!!
Oh. My. Goodness. These were AMAZING! They literally turned out perfectly. We devoured these! Super easy to make. Thank you!
Comments like yours make my day! Glad they turned out so well for you! 🙂
I am hard to please when it comes to muffins and these were great. I used melted Nuttelex and almond milk so they’d be GF/DF and just did a dry ingredients mixed with wet ingredients method. Instead of the crumbled topping I just used lemon juice with undissolved sugar spooned on the hot muffins. They turned out yummy.
Absolutely amazing gf muffins, the most flavorful I’ve ever eaten. I have tried so many gf receipes with no success, always grainy and tasteless. Thank you, you have restored my faith in baking.
I forgot to put a rating on my comment. Feel free to add the 5 stars.