My life is upside down right now. Moving a family to a new area is an enormous task. Not so much the physical moving, but keeping things normal for the kids during the move. Holidays are a big part of normal at my house!
I love making a big deal out of Valentine’s day! I don’t do gifts but we do crafts, themed snacks, and activities. I am doing my best to squeeze those things in right now. My biggest problem is I have already packed a lot of stuff.
I have this great recipe for Molten Lava Cake that is naturally gluten free. I bought these cute hearts shaped pans to bake them in. I went into the kitchen, pulled out all the ingredients, and began to cook. Just to realize….I packed the pans ~thud~.
Well, I can still share the recipe!
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs (separated)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, over a double boiler (or take a pan of boiling water and place a bowl on top to melt them in together..and some might like to use a microwave).
- After they have both melted, take off the heat and add 2 tablespoons sugar, beaten egg yolks, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, beat about 2 minutes longer.
- Fold in the egg whites into the chocolate until just combined.
- Grease 4 ramekins (6 ounces) and place on baking sheet.
- Divide batter between the ramekins and bake for about 22-25 minutes.
- Serve Warm.