When two worlds collide! Make this Incredible Loaded Nacho Fries Recipe right at home in under 30 minutes. Better than Taco Bell!
French fries are my weakness. I am pretty sure it is genetic because my kids love them too! We try to come up with some fun and unique ways to enjoy them. These Loaded Nacho Fries are a take on a Taco Bell favorite, but I am certain they are way better made with fresh ingredients right at home. You are going to love these!
How to make Loaded Nacho Fries
Pop your fries in the oven on a sheet pan according to the package directions.
While they are cooking you are going to cook your ground beef and onion in a skillet. Cook until your beef is cooked through and the onion is soft. Drain any fat and return to the skillet.
Mix in the taco seasoning and salsa. Heat the mix through. Your fries should be about finished.
When your fries are done, toss them with seasoned salt. Then start layering the ingredients. Top the fries with cheese, then the beef mixture, then some more cheese.
Return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and then remove and add your favorite toppings! Serve and enjoy!
There are so many yummy topping ideas! Use whatever you love on regular nachos!
- Sour Cream
- & More
Simply ensure that you are using gluten free fries and seasonings. Everything used should be gluten free. You could also use a vegan cheese and sour cream if you needed these to be dairy free as well.
Don't need a whole sheet pan full of loaded nachos? You can adjust the size for what you need.
Make the beef as directed and freeze in zip-top bags for another time. Use 1/4 of the mixture to make a small personal size Loaded Nacho Fries.
Our air fryer saves us so many times! My son loves to use it to make lunch and snacks in the kitchen. Create a foil base (pan) and cook your nacho fries right in the air fryer! They come out PERFECTLY! Great for when you are just making a personal size batch too!
Loaded Nacho Fries
- 1 pound Frozen French Fries Crinkle Cut works well
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 2 cups Mexican cheese shredded
- Green onions
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Lay the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook as directed on the package
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with season salt, toss to coat
- While the fries are baking, cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until onion is soft and no pink remains on the beef, drain any excess fat
- Add in the taco seasoning and salsa, mix to combine and heat through
- When fries are done, add a layer of shredded cheese then top with meat mixture, and more shredded cheese
- Place back in oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese if necessary
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings