My kids have been BEGGING me to make a fruit pizza! How can you turn down cookies, cream, and fruit?! Since I knew I was destined to make one, I wanted to make it a little lighter than the traditional Fruit Pizza.
The first step to any great Fruit Pizza is a sugar cookie base! Now, you can take the easy way out and use store bought cookie dough (which I have been known to do a time or 2), or you can make your own. I used this yummy Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Recipe that worked perfectly!
Next, I made a batch of my yummy Coconut Whipped Cream and spread it over the top of the cookie.
Finally, the kids helped me layer the top with fruit and shredded coconut. You can choose any fruit you want but we were going for the Red, White, and Blue theme for our fruit pizza.
Fruit Pizza With Coconut Whipped Topping
Yield 6-8 Servings
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out and shape cookie dough into a large pizza circle. You may only need half of your dough. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Once completely cool, use a spatula to spread the coconut whipped cream over the top of the cookie crust.
- Top the pizza with the fresh fruit of your choice and sprinkle with the shredded coconut (optional).
- Use this gluten free cookie dough recipe
- Do not assemble pizza until ready to serve. The whipped topping can make the crust soggy.
I highly recommend not assembling your cookie pizza until you are almost ready to serve. The longer it sits the whipped cream tends to soften the cookie and it gets a little soggy. It’s still good….trust me. I was left in charge of the soggy leftovers. LOL