Peanut butter is a major staple at my house! We love the stuff! Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Pie, oh Peanut butter!
Now that I have the love fest out of the way. The kids and I hit the kitchen for something easy this weekend. It has been a long week, and we are tired…but we needed something to satisfy our sweet tooth! These peanut butter balls are like making your own Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in a matter of minutes! The best part is I can make them Gluten Free and Dairy free so everyone in my house can enjoy them. Well….except for me, since I am being super good right now. I am trying really hard to loose a few lbs before my birthday. Although, I may have snuck a nibble.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter (16 oz jar)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or margarine or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 2½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 12 oz Package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ TBSP margarine or coconut oil
- Melt together 2 cups peanut butter and ¼ cup butter or coconut oil in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir.
- Mix in 2½ cups powdered sugar and vanilla until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 teaspoon size balls and refrigerate them or freeze them until the are stiff.
- In another microwave safe bowl melt together 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and 2 tbsp margarine (again I used coconut oil and it turned out fantastic!) I did this in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stirred, then returned to the microwave for another 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Dip the cold peanut butter balls in the chocolate and place them back on the wax paper.
- Refrigerate until set and then serve.
In a microwave safe bowl you will want to place 2 cups of peanut butter (1 16oz jar) and 1/4 cup of butter ( I used coconut oil and it turned out great!) Microwave for 30 seconds and stir together.
Once you have your peanut butter dough. Roll it into teaspoon size balls or whatever size floats your boat. and place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Now these should hit the fridge for a couple hours until they harden…or for the impatient types like me. The freezer for about 15 minutes.
In another microwave safe bowl melt together 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and 2 tbsp margarine (again I used coconut oil and it turned out fantastic!) I did this in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stirred, then returned to the microwave for another 30 seconds until fully melted.
Dip the cold peanut butter balls in the chocolate and place them back on the wax paper.
When done return them to the fridge or the freezer to harden.
When you are finished you will have a gooey delicious treat that you will make over and over again, because they are just that good!