My house is as busy as a bee hive right now. We are in the door and out the door all day long. Whether it is taking kids or picking them up, or taking the puppies out, I feel like I am not sitting down. Then somehow…someway 5PM manages to sneak up on me and the kids are on the prowl in the kitchen…”MOM….What’s for dinner?” Half the time, I wish I had someone to creep up on and say, “I’m hungry. What’s for dinner?” Then just sit at the table and stare…waiting to be served. SERIOUSLY! Why do the kids do that?? Like I am going to snap my fingers like Mary Poppins and put a plate of pipping hot dinner down in front of them with a song. HA. So it is either be prepared or be eaten alive by 3 hungry kids.
I have a handful of go to easy meals and this has to be my favorite this time of the year. Meals that I try to keep the ingredients in the fridge/freezer for. That way I have stuff on hand if I am not prepared for dinner and I don’t have to run to the store. Somehow those last minute trips for one item to make dinner turn into $50 runs full of snacks cause we are hungry. That is not in the budget. This meal is perfect because not only does it please the kids, but it makes the hubby happy too, especially with football on. You have to try it!
- 1 Package of Italian Sausage (about 5 links)
- 2 Bell Peppers (I use one yellow, one green for color)
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 lb Red potatoes (cut in quarters) about 4 potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- Dash of pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash a cut Peppers and onions into strips. Wash and cut potatoes too.
- Place all of the cut veggies onto a large baking sheet.
- Toss veggies with olive oil and seasonings.
- Cut sausages into 3 or 4 pieces per sausage. Place the sausage pieces on the pan with the veggies.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve!