A family favorite! This Gluten Free Pizzelle Cookies Recipe is a must have during the holidays. A perfect Christmas Cookie!
We all have those memories of Christmas from when we were kids. Mine were always filled with the most delicious baked goods. Pizzelle Cookies were on my list of favorites! So they were high on my list to find a way to make them for my kids. That is where this Gluten Free Pizzelle Cookies Recipe came from!
The cookie dough itself is very simple to mix together. I have had the best luck with the Gluten Free Bisquick Mix, but you can use any gluten free flour mix that typically works well for you. I used my 1 tbsp cookie scoop to place the dough in the center of each pizzelle on the iron. I then cooked it according to my irons instructions. Every iron is a little different so check the directions with yours.
These cookies are light and beautiful! They will be soft when you remove them from the iron. Set them on a flat service to cool and they will harden. OR get fancy and roll them while they are soft to make cannoli or ice cream cones. YEP, you can get that fancy with them. I have even made ice cream bowls before!
Gluten Free Pizzelle Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free Bisquick
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- Pizzelle Iron
- Add the vanilla to the melted butter and set aside. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla in a slow steady stream while continuing to whisk until well blended.
- Add the Bisquick and using a rubber spatula stir everything together until just combined but don’t over mix.
- Each Pizzelle Press is slightly different so you should follow the instructions that come with your particular machine. Bake them on the grids for the length of time needed to achieve your preferred level of darkness.
Another Favorite Christmas Cookie
These Waffle Cookies are a family favorite!