This post may contain affiliate links.
I have shared with you my homemade granola bars in the past. I love that recipe, but as my family leans toward eating even healthier I wanted a granola bar recipe without corn syrup. That is when I decided to make these All Natural Homemade Granola Bars.
My kids love eating granola bars for breakfast, or for a snack. These are even great to pack as the kids head back to school. It is funny how my purchasing habits have really changed over the last 5 – 10 years. I do not buy any packaged granola bars or cereal bars any more. On a rare occasion I will buy Larabars, but I even make my own Cashew Cookie Larabars too.
I gathered all of my ingredients. You can switch a few of these up a bit to make them to suit your family.
In a saucepan heat honey, brown sugar, and coconut oil until melted together well. You are going to need to stir this to prevent it from burning.
In a large bowl dump all of your dry ingredients. When the honey mix is all melted together pour it over your dry ingredients stirring well…and fast.
Fill a parchment paper lined 13×9 pan with your fresh granola mix.
Put another piece of parchment over the top and press down hard. We aren’t talking a gentle push. You want to make sure your granola bars are pressed together really well so that they don’t fall apart when you cut them, or while your kids are eating them. There is nothing worse than sticky oats all over your floor. Trust me.
Allow your granola bars to cool for atlas 2-3 hours. I may have just put mine right down in the deep freezer to speed up the process. I am an impatient person, and if I am ready to make granola bars I don’t want to wait. LOL
Once cool you can slice your granola bars. Cut them into any shape or size that floats your boat.
Wrap your granola bars in parchment paper and store them in an airtight container, or place them in individual snack bags so they are ready to go right into those lunch boxes.
PS: I just thought you should know that my kids actually prefer these healthier granola bars to the ones I used to make with corn syrup.
All Natural Homemade Granola Bars
- Mix the peanuts, oats, coconut, raisins and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the brown sugar, honey, butter, vanilla, and salt into a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Once blended pour over the granola mix in the bowl.
- Stir well!
- Now, dump your granola mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Spread out the mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cover with another sheet of parchement paper and PRESS HARD all over the granola. You want to compress it together so that your bars won't fall apart when you cut them.
- Wait a few hours or until the granola has totally cooled. You can even pop them in the freezer.
- Once cool cut into desired sized granola bars.
- Place bars in individual snack bags or wrap with parchment paper and store in an airtight container.Gluten Free
- Use Gluten free oats, and vanilla extractOptions
- Feel free to use any dried fruit, nuts, or mix-ins. I have changed these up several times. Just keep the amounts the same.