One of my favorite Christmas Cookies! This Hot Cocoa Cookies Recipe is easy to make and goes great with a cup of Hot Chocolate!
I have been bustling about the house trying to be in the Christmas spirit. “Joy to the World” is echoing off the walls in my house, The Stockings are hung by the chimney, the kids are drinking hot cocoa, and I am in the kitchen baking cookies.
I was trying to be unique with my cookie selection this week and sat at the kitchen table thumbing through cookbooks. Every time I looked up I saw these three chocolate covered noses and grins starring back at me over the top of their coffee mugs of cocoa. It was an inspiration that I couldn’t ignore.
Hot Cocoa Cookies
Yield 4 dozen
One of my favorite Christmas Cookies! This Hot Cocoa Cookie Recipe is easy and goes great with a cup of Hot Chocolate!
- 1 cup butter, softened (Or Butter Flavored Crisco)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (ghiradelli are dairy free)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.
- Immediately top with three mini marshmallows when you remove the cookies from the oven.
- If more gooey marshmallow is desired place marshmallow topped cookies back in the oven for 1 mintute.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Substitute in a gluten free flour mix.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
If you love these
you are going to flip out for this Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix!