Lunch time. The one time of day I struggle with finding a meal that everyone will love. I guess it isn’t even finding something that everyone will love as much as it is finding something creative that won’t break the bank. This healthy Avocado Chicken Salad recipe is a creative way to use up some leftover chicken and make a delicious lunch.
It is as simple as subbing in some fresh avocado instead of using mayonnaise in the chicken salad. It is just as creamy but much healthier for you. I pick up an extra rotisserie chicken when I go to Sam’s to make this. You can also use the canned chicken, but I am a fan of the fresh.
The result is this tasty salad that goes perfectly on some of those sweet Hawaiian rolls. You know the ones. You can serve it on any bread, crackers, or just eat it on it’s own. It is that good.
- 1 cup cooked chicken (diced or shredded (perfect for using leftovers or you can also used canned chicken, if you prefer))
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 1 large ripe avocado (mashed)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 package of Hawaiian rolls or rolls of your choice
- Combine the shredded chicken, avocado, green onions and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on rolls or bread of your choice.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.