The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the kids are squealing in the sprinkler, and the smoke is rolling off the grill. The most rewarding feeling is, my husband is officially in charge of cooking for the next couple months. All I have to do is side dishes, and clean the kitchen. I am on it!
I love this potato salad recipe because it takes advantage of the fresh ingredients of summer, and tastes incredible. It is a great twist on a classic!
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 7 bacon strips (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup chopped red (yellow, & green sweet peppers)
- 1 tsp dry dillDressing
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, peppers, bacon and dill.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled..
Boil the diced red potatoes until tender.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Mix potatoes, peppers, onions, bacon, and dressing in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or serve warm
Makes 8 servings
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.