Make the best chicken wing from frozen to amazing in under 30 minute wtih this Simple Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe! Toss with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
I am a recent Instant Pot convert! When it comes to saving time in the kitchen I typically reach for my crockpot, but lately my Instant Pot has been my right hand man. When it comes to this Simple Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe, I will never make chicken wings any other way.
(You can see all of my crockpot adventures over on MomsWithCrockpots.com)
My husband is a HUGE chicken wing fan! I found chicken wings on sale at Aldi last week and threw them in the freezer. I really hate making chicken wings because, well, it is usually an ordeal. This instant pot recipe takes the pain out of chicken wings!
You can add fresh or frozen wings to your instant pot. They will be cooked through in under 15 minutes. Then just toss them in the sauce you choose; we went with bbq this time. Finally, place them on a foil lined baking sheet under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up.
Talk about fantastic! The meat is fall of the bone tender, and the outside of these is crisp from the few minutes under the broiler. These are the best chicken wings I have ever made! HANDS DOWN!
HUGE Bonus that they went from frozen to the table in about 30 minutes! We could not have ordered take out and had it delivered that fast!
The other bonus is you pick the sauce you want to flavor your wings with. Whether is is BBQ, Buffalo, or a yummy terriyaki, these wings will be a big hit! Just serve them with some extra dipping sauce for a great appetizer or meal.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings - fresh or frozen
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sauce - buffalo, bbq, teriyaki, etc.
- Add 1 cup of water to your instant pot.
- Place the trivet with handles or steamer basket in the pot and stack the fresh or frozen wings directly onto it.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve points to sealed.
- Press the poultry button (or pressure cook button depending on model) and set the timer for 12 minutes for frozen chicken wings and 8 minutes for fresh chicken wings.
- While the wings cook line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- When the wings are done allow them to naturally depressurize for 5 minutes. Then remove the lid carefully and remove the steamer basket or trivet with chicken wings.
- Toss the wings in a bowl with the sauce of your choice and spread them out on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil the chicken wings for about 5 minutes. You may choose more or less time depending on how crispy you would like your wings and how hot your oven is.
- Serve with extra dipping sauce. ENJOY!
- As long as your sauce is gluten free these wings will naturally be gluten free