This is a classic! It had been so long since a had a bowl of Carrot Salad I decided to whip some up for Easter. It just sounded appropriate! The crunch from the carrots paired with the sweetness of the pineapple and raisins. It just works! Plus, the kids love it!
I chose light mayo, but you could use regular mayo. I also opted to grate my own organic carrots. However, you can purchase already grated carrots to make this even easier! We always have a big bag in the fridge.
Everybody in the bowl. Carrots, Raisins, Drained pineapple, and mayo. Now just mix everything together.
I like the taste of the carrot salad the best after it sits in the fridge a little while, but it is good straight out of the bowl too. ENJOY!
- 2 cups carrots (coarsely grated )
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 1 cup crushed pineapple ( drained)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise ( or miracle whip)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- Toss raisins, carrots, and pineapple together lightly; set aside.
- Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and add to the raisin mixture.
- Refrigerate until served.
- Best if made in advance and refrigerated at least an hour
More Side Dish Recipes
- Disappearing Corn & Zucchini Side Dish Recipe
- Kickin & Potato Wedges Recipe
- Simple Macaroni Salad Recipe
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.