Cut the carbs, not the flavor with this simple Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers Recipe! Great for Keto and low carb diets. Perfect for game day!
Superbowl is this weekend, and my family is ready for the excitement. My hubby loves the game and the food. The kids and I are all about the snacks and the commercials. It isn’t very often that I get excited about a recipe, but this one had me on pins and needles until it came out of the oven. The smell of the peppers, onions, and cheese is simply intoxicating coming from the oven. The whole family came out and asked what I was cooking. I love these because they are also Gluten Free, which opens up the possibilities for so many people who love Cheesesteaks!
I can’t begin to tell you how mouthwatering these are. These Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are perfect for a quick dinner, appetizer, or even a side dish. Everyone will love them, and you can customize the filling to everyone’s tastes! Check out the super simple recipe!
How to Make Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Before you ask, check the freezer section of your grocery store for the shaved beef. You may find a different brand, but the packages are all very similar, and make making cheesesteaks super easy!
I am taking the easy way out and used a disposable pan for these. (No clean-up). I cleaned and sliced the peppers in two and lined them with a slice of provolone cheese.
Then cooked the filling of onions, beef, and mushrooms and stuffed each pepper with as much as they could stand.
I topped each with another slice of Provolone cheese and placed them in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes, or until they came out golden delicious and bubbly.
You end up with this AMAZING cheese steaky goodness that you won’t want to share….so make extra.
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 8 oz. Philly Style Shaved Beef Freezer Section
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Sweet Onion Sliced
- 6 oz. Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Garlic - Minced
- salt & pepper
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. To make the individual. cups
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Slice onions and mushrooms and saute over medium heat with olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and a little salt and pepper. You want to saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 15 minutes.
- Add sliced beef to the skillet with the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese and then fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Place in baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Find More Low-Carb Keto Friendly Recipes
- Simple Bell Pepper Meatball Subs : KETO & Low Carb
- Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Parmesan Squash Chips Recipe
Check out these great keto recipes here on A Few Shortcuts