My kids start school Monday. I am more stressed and nervous than they are! I can't believe that my oldest will be in 7th grade and that she has to be at school at 7:25 am. Have I mentioned we are not morning people? LOL, We are looking for ways to buy 5 more minutes in the mornings. We will be laying out clothes, fixing lunches, and getting breakfasts lined up the night before. Beauty sleep is very important when you are 12....heck it is important when you are a 12-year-old's mom!
We don't buy pre-packaged foods, so I hit the kitchen to make our own Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal Squares. These take less than 5 minutes to stir together and throw in the oven. They are worth every minute involved. These can even be made gluten free and dairy free if there are allergies in your house. Just slice and place in Ziplocs in the fridge for a grab and go breakfast!
I just mixed all of the dry ingredients together and mixed thoroughly in a large bowl.
Now mix in the wet ingredients and the raisins. The batter will be very runny. Don't worry!
Pour the batter into a 9x9 square pan lined with foil for easy cleanup! Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
All the pan to cool completely before cutting.
Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal Squares
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in egg, oil, milk, and raisins with a spatula until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.Gluten Free
- use gluten free oats and flour mixDairy Free
- Use a dairy-free milk such as almond, soy, etc.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.