DIY Dia De Los Muertos Wreath
What a colorful way to kick off the Halloween season. Look how simple this Dia de los Muertos DIY wreath is to make!
Pull out all of those fall decorations! This DIY Dia de los Muertos wreath is too spooky not to try! My kids have been learning about different cultures and this seeming like a great way to bring their learning home.
In case you were wondering..
Dia de los Muertos is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico, in particular the Central and South regions, and by people of Mexican ancestry living in other places, especially the United States. It is acknowledged internationally in many other cultures. The multi-day holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and help support their spiritual journey.
This simple craft project will have everyone asking where you got this colorful Dia de los Muertos Wreath. Perfect for Halloween too!
DIY Dia de los Muertos Wreath
- Thick orange ribbon
- Green wreath form (12 inch)
- Assorted orange and purple glitter stems
- Orange, yellow, purple craft felt
- Day of the Dead Candy Skull embellishment
- Hot glue, glue gun
We found all of the supplies we used for this project at our local Michael’s Craft Store.
1. Begin by adding a dab of hot glue to the end of your ribbon. Press it to the inside of the wreath and start to wrap around slightly overlapping as you go.
2. Cover the entire wreath, securing the end of the ribbon in place with another dab of hot glue when done. Snip off any extra ribbon.
3. Cut out some abstract flowers from the crafting felt. Add a dab of glue to each and layer them to the side of the wreath.
4. Add a generous amount of glue to the back of the candy skull and secure it in place over the felt.
5. Add some extra bong by gluing the purple and orange sparkle stems to the side of the wreath.
Once your supplies are glued in place and dry, your wreath is ready to be displayed. Hang on a hook as we did or add some optional ribbon at the top for hanging.