A simple spooky craft that is perfect for Halloween! This DIY Embroidery Hoop Spider Web Wreath takes minutes to make and is super creepy!
I am all for fun DIY decorations for the holidays and bonus points if they are super easy too! Am I right?! If you look at pinterest lately embroidery hoop wreaths are everywhere. I can see why. They are cute and easy to make. For Halloween it doesn’t get much easier than this Embroidery Hoop Spider Web Wreath.
This craft project is super affordable too! The cheapest place I have found the embroidery hoops was Hobby Lobby. I got this one for around $1.50. Everything else can be found around your house or at the Dollar Tree. I have even been known to snag stuff on clearance after the holidays for pennies and keep it for the next season. This is a great way to decorate for the holidays on a budget.
Embroidery Hoop Spider Web Wreath
You will Need
- Embroidery Hoop (any size you choose)
- Bag of spider web ( dollar tree)
- plastic spiders (some come with the web)
- A piece of ribbon
- Black Acrylic paint
- Paint your embroidery hoop with the black acrylic paint and allow it to dry.
- Stretch some spider web across your embroidery hoop. It should stick by itself because of the wood fibers.
- Place some spiders in the webs. They should stick on their own if they are light enough. You can also stretch some additional webbing over the top of them to help secure them in place.
- Tie your ribbon around the top of your embroidery hoop to hang it by.
- That is it! Make a bunch and hang them around to add to your spooky decor this holiday season.
I actually hung mine on the hooks below my Halloween Apothecary Jars. The plan is I am going to make a couple smaller ones for the adjoining hooks. I am in love with my spooky Halloween corner!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.