A unique twist on a breakfast favorite! This flavorful Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is a must bake. Everyone will want the recipe!
The best Saturday mornings are the ones that start with the smell of cinnamon floating through the house. At least, in my opinion. It always makes getting out of bed a little easier. Today, I made a twist on the traditional Cinnamon Rolls, and I am so glad I took the time to experiment. These Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls have left me speechless in a good way.
They did not come out of a can that I had to whack on the counter and took me a little time. I made a bit of a mess in my kitchen, but it isn’t a good recipe if you don’t make a mess. Right?!
Start to finish these took me about an hour and a half, which isn’t bad for homemade cinnamon rolls. Plus the gooey strawberries oozing out from the center will not only make your taste buds sing but make these rolls look spectacular.
How to Make Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
You start making these Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls by putting 3/4 cup of milk on the stove on medium heat. Once it gets warm, we are going to melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in there. I used almond milk and butter-flavored Crisco, so these would be dairy-free.
In a large bowl, you are going to mix 2 1/2 cups flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Once mixed you are going to stir in 1 egg and 1/4 cup water. Then you will stir in the warm milk/butter mixture until a dough forms.
At this point, you are looking at a bowl of dough goo and saying to yourself, “Amanda, what did you get me into?” It is ok. Promise! Now you are going to mix in another cup of flour. 🙂
See! It turns out perfect. They flip your dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Kneading only takes a few minutes and is ideal for those arm muscles! Work out and cinnamon rolls at the same time. YEP, genius!
Pop the dough back into the bowl and cover it with a moist towel. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
Turn your dough back out onto the floured surface and roll it into a large rectangle. Sorry, my rectangle looks more like an oval. As you can tell, this isn’t an exact science.
Now we are going to spread strawberry jam over the entire thing. Then sprinkle with cinnamon and the chopped strawberries evenly over the top. We are going to roll this up starting with the longest side. I just realized out of the gazillion pictures I took; I forgot to take a picture of the roll of dough. Y’all get the idea, though. You are then going to slice the roll into 12 equal pieces. They should be about 1 1/2 inch thick slices.
Then you are going to place all 12 rolls into a greased 11×13 baking dish. Let them rest and rise for about 30 minutes. While you are waiting, you can preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Pop these into the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
When the Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls are done baking, drizzle them with glaze. Mmm…..
Freezer Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
Before baking, you can cover your pan with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking. This is a great tip if you are trying to prep ahead for a busy day or holiday.
You can even wrap them tighter with some foil and freeze until ready to bake. When ready, remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw. Then bake according to the recipe.
More Breakfast Treats
If you love these strawberry cinnamon rolls you will love these too!
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Stuffed French Toast Muffins Recipe: Simple Brunch
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup margarine (or butter; softened)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps instant yeast (or 1 packet)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup strawberry jam (+/-)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced )
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until warm. Mix in the butter until melted. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well. Now stir in the milk mixture until dough forms.
- Stir in another cup of flour. When dough comes together, flip it onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Return the dough ball to the bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle. Spread the strawberry jam all over the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Then evenly cover with the chopped strawberries.
- Roll up the dough and pinch the seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a greased 11x13 baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled (30 mins). While waiting, Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon with 1 tbsp of milk. Stir until glaze forms. You may need to add up to another tablespoon of milk for desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over finished rolls.
- Substitute almond milk, coconut milk, etc., and a dairy free margarine.
Serve warm and amazing! A cup of coffee optional.
More Great Recipes like Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls!
- Strawberry Doughnuts
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Yummy Strawberry Pecan Biscotti
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.