Learn how to wow your sweetheart with this simple Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe, plus learn the trick to make them dairy free too!
My In-Laws came for a visit yesterday. They were ever so kind enough to bring us a Flat of Strawberries. Me and the girls were in heaven. My hubby and son are not as big of fans as we are. Some ask, “What do you do with that many strawberries before they go bad?” Easy!
- We eat a huge portion! (High in fiber..low in calories. Win , Win)
- I wash and freeze some to use later.
- I make strawberry jelly
- Strawberry cookies
- Strawberry Coffee Cake...whatever strawberry creation we are in the mood for.
With Valentines Day in the not so distant future, and me trying my best to avoid carbs . I decided to grace you all with Chocolate Covered Strawberries! These are super duper easy to make. I don’t know why they cost so much when you purchase them. I have seen them go for as much as $1 each. That is psycho! There is no logical reason they should cost that much.
So, do your-self and your sweetheart a favor and make a batch of Chocolate Covered Strawberries! Oh…by the way, if you use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, these are Gluten and Dairy Free!
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Wash and Dry Strawberries. Make sure they are dry otherwise the chocolate will not want to stick.
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
Hold the strawberries by the tops and dip into the chocolate.
Eat within 2 days.
You could also dip these in white chocolate, or double dip them. Half and half. I have also taken and melted white chocolate and put it in a Ziploc bag. Snip the tip and drizzle over the tops of the chocolate berries. This makes them look so professional and yummy.
You could also sprinkle with sprinkles while chocolate is still wet, or chopped nuts. Really the sky is the limit on what you would like to decorate them with.
- Strawberries (Fresh , Washed and dried)
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- White Chocolate chips ( optional)
- Wash and Dry Strawberries. Make sure they are dry otherwise the chocolate will not want to stick.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. It took me 1 min 30 sec. Each microwave is different.
- Hold the strawberries by the tops and dip into the chocolate.
- Let excess drip off and place onto Wax paper. You could also use a fork if you prefer.
- After all the strawberries have been dipped, place pan in fridge or freezer until set.
- Eat within 2 days.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Simple Strawberry Cookies Recipe
- The Easiest Gluten Free Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Simple Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.