Hogwarts is Home. Get ready to be transported sip by sip with this Easy to Make Butterbeer Latte Recipe. Only a few ingredients and you can enjoy this delicious coffee treat.
This year we did something that I thought we would never do! We treated the family to Universal Studios Orlando Annual Passes. After going in September for my son's birthday and seeing how magical it all was it just made sense! For this homeschool family of Harry Potter nuts, it was the perfect gift! When we can't make it to Orlando for the day but we are still dreaming of our next Butterbeer fix, this Butterbeer Latte ready to suit up!
How to Make a Butterbeer latte
This is not low calorie, or sugar-free, but it tastes magical! Plus, when it is raining outside you can curl up with a Harry Potter book, turn on this Harry Potter Spotify playlist, and sip on your Butterbeer latte and suddenly all is right with the world.
Just brew a strong cup of coffee or espresso, and in your favorite mug add a little bit of butterscotch flavoring. Now poor your hot coffee over the butterscotch and stir. Add in a little cream, and top the coffee cup with some whipped cream, butterscotch drizzle, and toffee chips for good measure! Hello, beautiful!
Vegan Butterbeer Latte
While I know it isn't quite the same, this can be done with alternative ingredients for the same except, just vegan. Substitute coconut cream or other milk for the cream. The butterscotch syrup is tricky, but of course, amazon to the rescue has vegan Butterscotch syrup! Who knew? Lastly, there are several great dairy-free whipped toppings at the grocery store now for vegans. They are all delicious!
You will have to skip the toffee bits, but a few sprinkles will make it just as happy!
Butterbeer Latte Recipe
- 6 oz strong coffee or espresso; brewed
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Butterscotch ice cream topping
- Caramel Coffee Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Toffee Bits
- In a coffee mug place butterscotch topping. Pour hot coffee over butterscotch and stir. Mix in 1 tablespoon whipping cream.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream or spray on whipped cream onto the top of your coffee.
- Drizzle with caramel syrup and sprinkle on some toffee bits.
Originally posted March 2018. Updated Aug 2019.
More Harry Potter
- Chocolate Frog Cupcakes
- Magical Butterbeer Muddy Buddies Recipe
- How to Make a Washcloth Owl; Fun Harry Potter Craft