We were provided with media tickets to experience Universal Studios Florida. All opinions are 100% our own. As with any food intolerance or allergy, please ask the servers or chefs for official information in case anything has changed. We are just sharing our gluten-free at Universal Studios experience with you.
When the kids found out we were going to Universal Studios Florida to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the first question they asked us was, "Is Butterbeer Gluten Free?" Hey, I mean that is an important question! Especially when you are celebrating a birthday as we were. Check out these tips on eating gluten-free at Universal Studios Florida.
Is Butterbeer Gluten Free?
The short answer is YES!!! Butterbeer is gluten-free and AMAZING! I highly recommend getting the frozen one. It was my favorite! Also, the Pumpkin Juice is pretty spectacular too! All of the drinks in the wizarding world are worth a try. My daughter's love the Otters Fizzy Orange.
What is Gluten Free at Universal Studios?
We were amazed, with not only the selection but how knowledgeable the food staff was. At any time, at any of the restaurants, you can ask to speak with the chef. They can help you make an educated decision about their options and tell you what they have to offer that is safe for any food allergy or need.
Now, when we walked into the Leaky Cauldron. Ahhh....just saying that gives me all the happy feels! We weren't sure what they would have, but they right away told us that they had a Gluten Free Chicken Sandwich with Bacon & Cheese. You had the kid at bacon!
Not only was the ambiance amazing, but that sandwich disappeared fast! The other thing I want to mention is we ate a lot of food while we were at Universal Studios and we didn't get sick once. Everything that they told us was gluten-free was! I would feel safe eating there again anytime!
While we love, love, loved the Leaky Cauldron, there are other options to eat Gluten Free at Universal Studios, Florida. Always ask when you go in for a gluten-free menu, but here are a few places that have well known gluten-free options.
Gluten Free Restaurants at Universal
- Confiscos at Islands of Adventure has several AMAZING gluten free options (Highly Recommend)
- Three Broomsticks is supposed to have a killer Gluten-Free Breakfast. They also have a gluten-free family feast.
- Krusty Burger offers a gluten-free burger & tots
- Leaky Cauldron has a tasty gluten-free chicken sandwich.
- Head out to Margaritaville at City Walk to get a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Gluten Free of course! Check out their whole gluten-free menu!
- The Burger Digs in Jurrasic Park has a gluten-free bun option for their burgers
- Diagon Alley's Florean Fortescue's soft serve ice cream is gluten-free ask for it in a cup instead of a cone.
- Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck in Springfield (Simpson's) has a gluten-free taco!
- And of course...BUTTERBEER!
The options don't stop in the parks themselves. When we stayed at Cabana Bay Beach Resort, their on-site restaurants also had gluten-free menus and chefs available to answer questions. No matter where we ate on site, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, City Walk, or the hotel we felt safe! These are just a few options! Like I mentioned, just ask! You may be super surprised at all the possibilities everywhere you go at Universal Studios. They do make your vacation magical!
If you are looking for more in-depth information regarding Food Allergies at Universal Studios Florida, they have a page with a ton of contact information for you.