We were provided with a media rate to stay at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort in exchange for media coverage. All opinions are 100% my own.
When you plan a trip to a theme park like Universal Studios Florida you want to make it as memorable as possible. You want to get the most magic from your experience and find a hotel close to the park. There are so many choices that it can be tough to choose if you should stay on-site or off. I can tell you from experience why you should stay at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Perks
The first thing you should know is you get perks for staying at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort. With your stay you get...
- Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry PotterTM, one hour before the theme parks open (valid theme park admission required)
- Complimentary shuttle bus to and from both theme parks and Universal CityWalk®, plus walking paths to make getting around the resort fast and easy
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key card
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel
- Complimentary scheduled transportation to nearby Wet ‘n Wild® water park, SeaWorld®, and AquaticaTM
- Universal Orlando character appearances with some of your favorite theme park characters
- Start your day with a wake-up call from one of your favorite Universal Orlando characters
- Golf Universal Orlando® program, providing preferred tee times and complimentary transportation‡ to Grand Cypress Golf Club
The early park admission and the complimentary shuttle bus is a HUGE perk!!! My kids voluntarily got out of bed at 6 am just so they could get to the park early, and they enjoyed every second of it!
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Food
Now, you don't stay at a hotel for the food, but Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort has a ton of options. My favorite was the Starbucks in the lobby, but the family loved the Bayliner Diner for their awesome dinner selection and gluten-free menu.
- Bayliner Diner - Food Court offering quick-service, casual dining consisting of different meal food stations, all serving quality, efficient and familiar, family-friendly food selections.
- The Hideaway Bar & Grill – Tropical bar and grill located in the Lazy River Courtyard and pool (south courtyard), featuring a simple grill menu with 5 – 6 options and a full bar.
- Atomic Tonic – Poolside resort casual bar located by in the Cabana Courtyard (north courtyard) (dive tower) featuring a full bar serving signature frozen and non-frozen drinks.
- Swizzle Lounge – Resort casual lobby bar that provides window views of the Cabana Courtyard (north courtyard), moderate bar options with limited food service.
- Starbucks® – Located in the lobby serving premium coffee, fresh food and more. Social Media and internet connectivity available.
- Delizioso Pizza - allows guests to eat in the privacy of their room. Limited pizza and side item room delivery service are available.
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Amenities
Since our stay, we have decided we need to go back to Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort just to enjoy all of the amenities that we missed. The only reason we didn't get to enjoy them is that the park wore us out! There is so much to see and do right at the resort you would never have to leave!
- Cabana Courtyard – This pool features an iconic dive tower with a waterslide and 17 Cabanas available for rental.
- Lazy River Courtyard – This zero-entry pool features a lazy river surrounded by botanical gardens.
- Game-O-Rama – is the game room
- Galaxy Bowl – Bowling Alley with ten lanes
- Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio
- Universal Orlando® Resort Store – Offers sundries, guest necessities, newspapers, magazines, etc., as well as Universal and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort logo merchandise.
- Staff offers a variety of activities geared to attract and involve youth like Hula Hoop Contests, Bingo, Poolside Movies, and Ping Pong
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Rooms
These rooms are perfect for a family and one of the main reasons we chose to stay at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort! We got a family suite which includes 2 Queen Size Beds and a fold out Queen size sofa bed. The red sofa in the picture folds out.
The Kitchenette is also a HUGE HUGE plus! When you are traveling with kids, it is a huge perk to be able to pack snacks, drinks, and even stuff for a quick lunch to save a few bucks. This kitchenette makes things so much easier with a mini fridge, microwave, and sink. Plus the cabinets were stocked with paper plates and cups.
My other love was this bathroom! They KNOW how difficult it is for families to share a bathroom so this is the sink and vanity in the center.
To the right is a doored off shower with sink and to the left is a doored off toilet. That means one kid can potty, one kid can brush their teeth, and one can shower all at the same time! Y'all I was in LOVE!
There is also a privacy sliding door for the bedroom and living room. You can divide the rooms off. This is an excellent feature for when you are putting the kids to bed at night and don't want to disturb them. There is a TV with the 2 Queen Beds and another with the fold out bed in the "living area."
For the price paid a better hotel room could not have been found. The Cabana Bay Beach Resort was VERY CLEAN. Everything was up to date and modern. The beds slept well, and the room was quiet at night. We were able to park our car right outside the room and leave it parked there even after we checked out. Our park tickets were still good, so we just packed our stuff in the car and took the bus to the park. When our day was done, we took the bus back to our car and headed home. The convenience of parking was HUGE.
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Impression
We were very impressed with Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, and we will be returning. Next time for a longer stay so we can enjoy all the amenities that the resort has to offer including the park. The staff was super helpful and friendly, and everything made you feel comfortable and glad to be on vacation. Maybe we will go back and celebrate another Birthday at Universal soon.