A delicious low carb beef dinner recipe. This Keto Shepherds Pie Recipe is easy to make and can even be prepped ahead for a quick meal.
Eating low carb or KETO can really be a blessing to some people. Not only is it a great way to curb food cravings, but it has benefits to help regulate blood sugar and more. Finding tasteful and delicious meals can be difficult sometimes, but not impossible. This Keto Shepherds Pie Recipe is incredible, and easy to make! A must try!
How to Make Keto Shepherds Pie
In a one skillet t brown your ground beef. Once brown remove the beef and reserve about 1-2 tbsp of the fat; discard the rest. Sauté the onions, mushrooms, and garlic in the fat.
Once they are soft, stir back in the beef, a can of tomatoes, peas, and seasonings. Let them simmer together and cook for at least 5 -10 minutes.
Move your beef mixture into your casserole dish and top with Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”. Top with some shredded cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Let the Shepherds pie sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy it with a salad, or on its own.
Simple Cauliflower Mash Topping
If you are running short on time, here is a super simple cauliflower “mashed potato” topping. Keep a bag of frozen cauliflower in your freezer. Microwave it until it is cooked and soft. Place the cooked cauliflower in your food processor, or blender with 1-2 tbsp of butter, 1 tsp garlic salt, and a few tbsp of water. Pulse until smooth. PRESTO, quick cauliflower mash that is perfect for the topping.
This Keto Shepherds Pie is great because you can actually prep the whole casserole ahead of time. Cover it and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can make this 2 days in advance. This is a perfect meal for those busy nights. All you have to do is pop it in the oven, and serve it with a side salad.
Keto Shepherds Pie
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Onion diced
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 TBSP Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP almond flour
- 14 oz stewed tomatoes canned
- 2 cups Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" see tip
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown Beef in a LARGE skillet over medium-high heat. Until meat crumbles.
- Remove Ground Beef from pan using a slotted spoon; reserve; 1-2 TBSP drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to Medium.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic to the skillet and saute at medium heat 10 to 11 minutes or until tender.
- Add the Ground beef, peas, beef bullion, salt, and pepper into the skillet with the onion and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle almond flour over meat mixture. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes breaking up large pieces with a spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. It will create its own sauce!
- Transfer the mix to a lightly greased 3 qt baking dish or pan.
- Spoon cauliflower mashed potatoes evenly over the meat mixture. Smoothing with the back of a spoon and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Make sure to use a gluten-free boullion