A Fast and Fun dinner idea for the whole family! These Quick & Easy Meatloaf Muffins are always a hit!
When it comes to quick & easy dinner ideas this one is always at the top of my list. These Quick & Easy Meatloaf Muffins cook in a fraction of the time of a whole meatloaf and are in perfect little portion sizes that are ready to serve. Kids love these so much, and so do adults. See just how easy they are to make for dinner, and learn how to prep them ahead and freeze them for even quicker meals.
How to Make Easy Meatloaf Muffins
These have all of the ingredients of a traditional meatloaf, plus sweet potatoes for a fun topping. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix the meat, onions, eggs, seasonings and flour in a bowl. If you would prefer you can substitute any type of bread crumb for the flour. If you wanted to make these low carb you can use almond flour.
Press the meat mixture into your muffin tin. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until your meatloafs are cooked through.
At this stage you can choose to top them with ketchup or bbq sauce or use the delicious and fun sweet potato topping in the recipe card.
Freezing Meatloaf Muffins
Freezing Meatloaf Muffins is a great way to meal prep and get dinner on the table even faster on those busy nights. I like to double this recipe so we have dinner the night I am cooking, and dinner in the freezer for another night.
- Freezing Cooked: After baking, cool your meatloafs (do not top with anything). Pack them into a freezer ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Defrosting: For best results, defrost before reheating. Then heat in the microwave for 1 -2 minutes or in the air fryer, or oven for a few minutes at around 350 degrees until heated through. Top as desired.
Meatloaf Muffin Tips
I have been making these for so long I have some great tips!
- Place a baking sheet under your muffin pan if you are using hamburger meat with a lot of fat. The fat can cook down out of the meatloaf and over flow if you aren't careful.
- Get creative and chop up some small veggies and mix them in the meatloafs. This is your chance to add some extra nourishment disguised in the meatloaf.
- Always make extra. These are great heated up for lunch or saved for a second dinner.
Quick & Easy Meatloaf Muffins
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup barbeque sauce links below
- fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scrub and dry sweet potatoes. Cut them in half horizontally and place them skin-side up on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes bake, finely dice the onion.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, diced onion, eggs, flour, basil, garlic and salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix until just combined.
- Grease muffin tins generously with oil.
- Divide the meat into muffins tins - filling to the top of each cup.
- Bake in middle rack of oven for 30-35 minutes or until the insides are no longer pink.
- Once sweet potatoes finish baking, allow them to cool on the counter for a few minutes. Once cooled, use a spoon to scoop out the insides and place in a medium sized bowl. Add ½ teaspoon of salt. Smash sweet potatoes with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon sweet potato topping onto meatloaf muffins or add sweet potato filling to a sandwich bag and snip off the corner to pipe filling onto muffins.
- Drizzle with barbeque sauce and garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.