These are amazing and easy to make. Try this Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes Recipe. Perfect for Valentines Day or just because!
I don't think any other dessert will ever live up to the high standards these cupcakes just set. These Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes are so simple to make and will melt in your mouth with their light delicious flavor. The chocolatey red velvet paired with the creaminess of the cheesecake swirled in is to die for! Plus they are so easy to throw together...almost too easy!
How to Make Red Velvet Cream Cheese Swirl Cupcakes
Y'all know I love to bake from scratch when I can, but this is A Few "Shortcuts" and as much as I love baking, I used a box. ~gasp~ Yes, when it comes to red velvet cake, I use a boxed mix. It is just easier, and they taste amazing still. Especially when you doctor it up like this one.
I just followed the directions on the box for the cake batter, and filled each spot in my cupcake pan about ½ full. In another bowl, I mixed up the cheesecake filling and spooned about 1 ½ to 2 tablespoon on top of the batter.
Here comes the fun part. Take a butter knife and swirl the cheesecake filling top to bottom then left to right. Don't worry if you don't see swirls right away. That cheesecake settles during baking to reveal them. Pop the pan in a 350 oven for about 20-24 mins.
What comes out are these little bites of heaven themselves!
Frosting or Not?
I am pretty sure these are amazing just like this. But if you want to add a little something extra, I would add a little sweetened whipped cream to the top. Oh, my mercy....yep....amazing!
These cupcakes are also great with some ice cream. I feel like a typical buttercream frosting might just add too much sweetness to these already sweet cupcakes.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes
- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix prepared according to package
- 8 oz cream fheese Softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sweetened Whipped Cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare red velvet cake batter according to package. Spoon batter into a cupcake pan filled with paper liners. Fill each cup ½ full.
- In a separate bowl whip together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Spoon 1 ½ to 2 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of each of the cake batter filled cups.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the cheesecake by moving it up and down. Then left to right through the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and top with Sweetened whipped cream if desired.
- Store uneaten cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge.