This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for a healthy snack recipe with a little bit of zing? Check out this simple Baked BBQ Zucchini Chips Recipe!
I am going to be honest. As hard as I try, I have a child who wouldn’t touch a green vegetable to save his life. I can’t get mad at him. I was the same way when I was little….although I would eat lettuce and cucumbers. Even though I have tried, I can’t even get him to do that. Oh, but this sweet child would eat a bag of BBQ Chips beginning to end without batting an eye.
He is a snacker. He can’t help it. I guess it is genetic because I know certain people in my family who are the same way. We could go without meals but just snack all day long. Some say it is healthier to eat small bits here and there, but it is frustrating when you are trying to get ALL 3 of your kids to eat healthily and one just refuses.
SABOTAGE! YEP, I am not above trickery. Sometimes you have to pull a trick out of your sleeve to get people to realize they are just plain stubborn. LOL, So I made a batch of BBQ Chips….Zucchini BBQ Chips. He had no idea!
The BBQ Seasoning itself is easy to mix and makes plenty for a couple of batches of zucchini chips. If you like them less spicy, cut back on the chili powder a bit.
Slice the zucchini thin, coat it with a little olive oil, sprinkle some seasoning and bake. It is that simple. The verdict. I put the plate on the table, and by the time they were half gone, I think my grin gave it away. “MOM….what are these?” ROFL YEP…Dude, you just ate Zucchini.
Baked BBQ Zucchini Chips
- 2-3 zucchini - sliced thin, 1/8 inch
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 Degrees F. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchinis very thin, about 1/8 inch thick. Place in a bowl and toss to coat with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- In another small bowl mix all of the spices together.
- Place the zucchini slices in a single layer on the baking sheets. Sprinkle with some of the bbq seasonings and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the zucchinis over. Sprinkle the other side with some of the seasonings and return to the oven for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them, so they do not over bake.
- Cool and enjoy. Store uneaten chips in an airtight container.
These chips are also a super healthy alternative for anyone. They are gluten free, paleo, vegan, super simple, and delicious.