Simple Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Light, fluffy and coconutty. This is the best, Simple Coconut Macaroons recipe you will ever try. They whip up in just minutes.
There is one cookie that is so light and easy to make it should be a sin. These Simple Coconut Macaroons take only a few ingredients and one bowl to create the most beautiful cookies. They are delicate, fluffy, with a little bit of chew all at the same time. Oh and the coconut!!! You really can not go wrong with this recipe.
How to make the best coconut macaroons
This recipe is so simple! Honestly you just mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. No special order needed. No beating or whisking. Just mix everything together well in a bowl.
The drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on a parchment lined baking sheet. I love to use my cookie scoop for nice uniform cookies.
Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool on a baking rack. ENJOY!
These cookies not only taste incredible but they are gluten free too! I love to use almond flour, but you can use any flour you choose for these cookies.
Also, double check that your vanilla extract is gluten free. I love to make my own vanilla. It’s easier than you think.
Want to take these one step further? Go above and beyond. Melt some chocolate chips according to the package and dip your finished macaroons half in chocolate. Talk about out of this world. Mmmm….
Just store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to enjoy.
The Best Coconut Macaroons
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or all purpose
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack and enjoy.
- Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container.