Some of the best recipes come from me and my kids sitting in the kitchen chatting about what we are gonna make. I say, lets make something with apples…and then the ball starts rolling. One will say how about pie, the other will say I want ice cream. We start putting pieces together until the light comes on above one of our heads and we are like “That is it!”
Back in the day…back when there was 1 kid and not 3. We used to love to order Applebees to go and my hubby would order the Apple Chimicheesecake for dessert. It is this OMG dessert with Apples, Cream cheese, and cinnamon sugar all wrapped up, fried and served with ice cream.
That is where the inspiration for tonight’s dessert came from, but I wanted something easy. Something completely unintimidating that I could throw in the oven at any given moment. I think we were successful! Check out our delicious creation.
Apple Cheesecake Pie Pockets
- 1 Large Can of Crescent Roll Rounds
- 1 Can Apple Pie Filling
- 4 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Caramel Ice Cream topping
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl whisk together softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar.
- Separate all 8 crescent rounds and flatten into discs.
- Place 4 of the discs into a greased muffin tin.
- Fill with 1 1/2 TBSP Apple Pie filling and 1 tsp cream cheese.
- Top each with another Crescent round and sprinkle with Cinnamon sugar.
- Bake a 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and caramel topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a small bowl whisk together softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar.
Separate all 8 crescent rounds and flatten into discs.
Bake a 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream and caramel topping
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.